round and round

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Some music knick knacks~

I believe that those in Ms Tay's SS class would've known of the movie, Schindler's List.

I bet what you guys don't know is that, the piece of music she played on the ppt during the Holocaust part was actually the theme for Schindler's List. =D

So here I bring you, Schindler's List theme, as performed by renowned violinist, Itzhak Perlman.



What makes Mr. Perlman such a suitable candidate for performing the violin solo was because he is a Jewish himself, and as quoted from the interview above:

"..the subject of the movie was so important to me; and that I felt that I could contribute simply by just knowing the history, feeling the history, and indirectly actually being the victim of the history."

Itzhak Perlman is an amazing violinist who has played solo for many movie soundtracks, and the most recent one being The Memoirs of a Geisha. I look up to him as a professional musician because he is one who shows resilience despite being contracted with polio at a young age.

I haven't watched the movie yet, but I think this theme is enough to convey the melancholic of the history.

The composer of this piece of music is John Williams, the genius behind most movie soundtracks. His most famous works consists of ET, Superman, and Star Wars.

You can watch all his compositions on Youtube, as well as Itzhak Perlman's.

=D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home