round and round

Saturday, June 07, 2008

BACK FROM OBS!

It was so damn wicked fun. ;DD

It's against my nature to relate everything from top to bottom so I shall not do that. All I can say was that, I really don't regret going for this course. In fact, it's a pity if anyone doesn't attend it.

Even though my original watch was split and I was a little disappointed in the first place, I'm still glad that I stuck through the five whole days. I really think that it's a blessing in disguise. There was barely anyone I knew well in the watch I was assigned to, yet by the next day we became friends and before we knew it, our watch was super bonded.

Battuta really rocks, if not for the people inside it, I don't think I'd ever enjoy the five days as much as I did. Everyone is different, but that's what made it so special and memorable. It made me realise that we were all willing to sacrifice this little bit for each other and go all out as one team, especially during the raft building activity. Although we had to dismantle our raft in the end, we still had fun working as a team and creating something useful out of nothing at all.
Everyone helped out in different ways, be it pitching tents or cooking or carrying things or simply just being the comic relief, it made everything worthwhile and endurable. We even had nicknames for everyone!

-BATTUTA-

Aixin was our rah-rah IC, so naturally she's screamy.
Tiara, the Rapunzel(?). Haha, don't kill me.
SweeLing, I don't know what her nickname was, but I'm sure we'll always remember her unique scream. XD
YiQing, our residential shy shy girl. ;D
Zakiah, crowned the cute cute girl by our dearest instructor Naf.
JingYi was our chef-tress! She makes maggie mee taste so nice even in the wilderness. XD
As for the guys, I guess the most prominent one would be Linus. Because he's the Wild Boar. HAHA, he got that nickname after the first night. *snore*
Shaoyang had tons of nickname, like, 100 percent, 罗汉斋,佛跳墙 and 斋米粉. Don't ask me how they got it, its all from the food we ate. XD
EngKiat would be Rabbit! Haha, because you-know-why.
HengHuat's is simple, just Ah Huat la. No no, he's the molester! (go ask Aixin)
Junjie...I really don't know. Ehm, 没有口德的人?:P
Rongfen is our 5 star hotel chef. Seriously, you should see him cook. Like, toss everything into the sky seh!
Wenxi, the shy shy boy! or JingFangBoy *gets killed* XD
And DingXun. He was originally the medic/first-aid IC, but then he wrote his name D.Xun and it sounded like G-string for some reason so tadaah! G-String!

As for myself, I don't have a nickname but I'm sure I'll be called Brakeless. Because I couldn't brake when I ran down a slope and almost ran into a bush. *dies*

OBS is indeed a life changing experience, I learnt so much from it!

Wow, long post, how rare. My fingers are tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home